The Gulf Coast Tennis Association has a founding group of directors, official non-profit status with the State of Texas, and a bank account with real money it from members and sponsors (including the USTA). We've started hosting regular events. We have our first kids camps and tournament scheduled. Our ladder system is active. And our facebook group is seeing a lot of action.
Whew... We've done a lot this summer.
Now it's time to get organized -- from a business perspective -- for long term success.
Starting Aug. 14, we will be having monthly business meetings on the second Sunday of each month at 3 p.m. at the Bayou Bay Raquet Club (the under-renovation tennis center that has been offered as our group's headquarters) in Angleton. (Address: 1300 CR 220, Angleton, Texas 77515. It's about a half-mile east of Business 288.) We gather on the porch outside what (God willing) will eventually be our group's office. (But in the event of inclimate weather, please stay tuned to the facebook group for announcements of alternative locations.) All who have an interest in our group are welcome, and we will generally post a tenative agenda at least a week before each meeting.
Meeting #1 Agenda
Introductions and Reports
- Introduction of Acting Officers: Don Cudd, Joan Houken, Lisa Myers, and James Weaver
- Secretary's report: Joan Houken
- Treasurers report: Lisa Myers
- President's report: Don Cudd
- Introduction of Competition Committee: (Don Cudd, Andrew Pierliuisa, Carlos Velez)
- Report on Ladders: Competition Committee
- Report on Sept. 3 Tournament: Competition Committee
- Report on August Kids Camps: Joan Houken
- Report on Play Nights
- Establish preliminary accounting policies and procedures
- Establish timeline for completing USTA requirements
- Establish timeline for completing State of Texas requirements
- Establish timeline for completing Federal Non-profit requirement
- Discuss establishing a membership committee
- Discuss establishing a coaching committee
- Discuss establishing a facilities committee
- Discuss establishing a by-laws committee
- Discuss establishing a Play Night committee
- Discuss establishing a communication committee
- Discuss new ideas from members
Establish Tenative Agenda Items for September Meeting and adjourn